[ltp] Linux, kernel 2.4.22-ac4/2.4.23 and IRDA

Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:05:48 +0100

That's pretty much the same setup i have on the T23, except that i have
2.4.22 type of kernel (not ac).

> in /etc/modules.conf, I've put:
> options nsc-ircc io=0x2f8 irq=5 dma=3 dongle_id=0x09

However, there was one more thing i had to do: to disable the kernel
builtin serial driver.

Don't remember how i came to figure this out, but i remember that i
wondered about dmesg showing me that the kernel loaded two instances of
the serial driver, namely ttyS0 and ttyS1. One of them was attached to
the IR device, which makes some sense, but blocks the FIR driver from
taking it.

Since I couldn't figure out how to disable it when builtin to the kernel
(except using setserial which i didn't want to install),
i just built the serial driver as a module...which i rarely use.

(If you have setserial try: setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none)

Maybe that helps you.

Andre.