[ltp] Cisco Aironet 350 Mini PCI on an R40 running SuSE 9

Ivarsson, Torbjorn (T) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:26:56 -0600

I know the feeling :)

> ...nothing... it didn't grab an IP from my AP, but it does see it
> (displays the AP's MAC) and has decent signal strength.  The man
> page for iwconfig doesn't say anything about 'iwconfig eth1
>  channel 11' so I didn't make that change, but perhaps that's
> my problem?  My AP is on channel 11--guessing the default would be 1?

I believe you shouldn't have to specify the channel, the essid should be enough... And if you see the AP's MAC, then... there you go.

I have to make the card request an IP from the AP by using the command:
	dhclient

Do you get any error messages when you "can't connect"? The problem I had was that my firewall didn't allow me to reach any DNS servers or any internet connections for that matter.

T.