[ltp] Kernel 2.6.0 on t40

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:45:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 10:31, honey@gneek.com wrote:
> > When I disable the touchpad, it boots ok (but without it!).  Adding
> > the kernel option (psmouse_ext) at boot time doesn't help.
> >
> no idea bout this one

Can I ask if anyone has the kernel actually booting on the final
released 2.6 kernel with the touchpad enabled on a T40?  Alexander
Gran reported one of the -mm kernels fixed this: should I be waiting
for -mm patches to the released 2.6 kernel?

More generally, in terms of BIOS, have T40/p owners updated their
BIOS's to good/bad effect?  Mine's running as shipped with BIOS 1.07
(1RET36WW) and Embedded Controller version 1.02.  I see there are
some updates to this: has anyone updated to the latest: good/bad for
Linux?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:

> > 2. I don't really understand suspend/resume with ACPI: by default
> > 2.6 starts acpid,
> uh no it doesn't - the kernel doesn't do that
> you'll have to mount the new sys file system
> just copy the proc line in your /etc/fstab and change stuff to sys
>
> then you'll be able to do those echos.

OK: what I meant was that, when booting under 2.6, and not
specifically saying acpi=off, the effect is that acpid starts :)

I've already made and mounted /sys as a sysfs filesystem.  When I try
an echo into /sys/power/state, I get:

echo: write error: invalid argument