[ltp] Hibernate Partitions on R32?

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:05:46 -0800

Greg,

There appear to be at least two levels of 'sleep'. The one you are
probabley entering when you close the lid is suspend. It quesses the
system to a very low level of power but maintains operation at least of
the dram.

Hibernate is an alternate form where them memory is actaully written to
disk and the machine powers off.

On my 600x I can tell the difference by the second green led. In suspend
it stays on. Suspend actually uses some battery power. Hibernate does not.

Dan