[ltp] 770Z And Xircom PCMCIA NIC Problem

John Tilp linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:06:13 +0000

Jim Harvey wrote:

> Does the route command show a default route?

Jim,

There is no default listed when I do route, but neither of my other
working systems had default entries.

I did try 'route add default gw 192.168.1.1' which succeeded but
made no difference (still couldn't ping in either direction.)

The fact that the "Link Integrity" indicators on neither end ever
come on seems to indicate that the Ethernet business end of the
card is not set up right. But that fact didn't get back to the rest
of the system, so everything seems to run as expected, it just
doesn't find anybody out there.

Here is what cardctl returns.

 [localhost]# cardctl ident
 Socket 0:
   product info: "Xircom", "CreditCard 10/100", "CE3-10/100", "1.00"
   manfid: 0x0105, 0x010a
   function: 6 (network)
 Socket 1:
   no product info available