[ltp] Re: R40 APM Standby and Power-Off not working

Florian Diesch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:12:57 +0200

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 11:51:18PM +0200, Georg Sauthoff wrote:
> But returning from a manual initiated standby (with apm -s) and like the
> power-off after shutdown does not work. It doesn't matter, if I enable or
> disable the "Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off" in the kernel config.

Returning after apm -s works for me most of the times. I've enabled just
all of the APM settings except "console blanking" in the kernel config.

Power-off after shutedown works only with ACPI, but then neither suspend nor
battery status works.

--
 Schönen Tag noch
     Florian        # http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~diesch/