[ltp] Re: IDE-Hotplugging

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:59:39 +1000

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Frederic Gaus wrote:
> I'd like to change my ultra-bay-cdrom with my ultra-bay-akku. Is that
> possible while the system is running ( i think under windows xp, it is
> supportet, so why not under linux ;-) )

...because Linux does not support hot-plug IDE devices, which are what
the Ultrabay devices are. Once the driver supports it, you can go for
your life. It's only a simple matter of programming.[1]

     Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Simple is an understatement here.

--
Impropaganda: Using propaganda techniques not in accordance with good sense,
good faith, or good morals... methods not consistent with the American pattern