[ltp] Re: R40 boot from USB stick

Dirk Husemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:41:38 +0200

--------------enigB16C64D375AB3B49F1E99381

On 06/28/2003 05:37 PM, Rolf Offermanns wrote:

> I wonder, if anyone tried that?
> I have an usbstick (USB 1.1) here, enabled the BIOS usb boot setting
> and tried various format options. Stick formatted as super floppy
> (i.e. without partitions) or as normal HD with one primary partition
> (which I made active).
> For each try I used syslinux to make it bootable, but I have not
> succeeded so far. The stick got recognized by the bios but there was
> no USB option in the list of bootable devices which you get by
> pressing F12 during the IBM splash screen.

hmm...funny...my R40 actually started looking around on my Archos
Multimedia Jukebox which was USB attached and switched on when I booted
the other week...it then complained that it couldn't find an OS...so I
assume it works (switching the Jukebox off during boot fixed that "problem")

--
Dr Dirk Husemann, Mobile Computing, IBM Research, Zurich Research Lab
	hud@zurich.ibm.com --- http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/

Attached to this email is an electronic signature attachment. You can
ignore it if your email program does not know how to verify such a
signature. If you'd like to learn more about this topic, www.gnupg.org
is a good starting point.