[ltp] Trackpoint/ R31/ Mandrake 9.1

Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:48:39 +0000

Olive Barnes wrote:
> I have installed Mandrake 9.1 on my R31.  I am new to Linux so have not
> fiddled around with it.  However my trackpoint keeps going off for a
> little wander around the screen.  Usually it goes up to the top right
> hand corner, apparently acts on a right click to give me a menu which I
> did not want.
>
> Anyone able to tell me how to fix this, in plain speak please.
>
> Olive

Dear Olive,

You probably have the wrong type of mouse set up. Either change the type
of mouse to PS/2 (not wheel mouse) in the Mandrake Control Centre, or
change your /etc/X11/XFree86Config-4 file. My mouse configuration entry
is this:

Section "InputDevice"
     Identifier "Mouse1"
     Driver "mouse"
     Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
     Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
     Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
     Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
     Option "EmulateWheel" "on"
     Option "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
EndSection

I'm using Mandrake 9.0 on an A22p. If you need any more help, please let
me know. In particular, you can set the physical size of the display (if
you have a high resolution monitor such as 1600x1200 at 15" and suffer
from tiny fonts), also if you need to make the mouse sensitivity higher
(using tp4d).

Best wishes

Richard