[ltp] Contacting IBM with design feedback

Ben Pfaff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
24 May 2003 10:46:20 -0700

Bjorn Knutsson <bjorn@docs.uu.se> writes:

> Ah, but the touchpad is *evil*. It's been one of the things I've
> always loved about Thinkpads - no touchpad! (And three mousebuttons.)
>
> One of my first laptops (non-IBM) had a touchpad, and I always hated
> it with a passion. When typing, I'd always accidently hit it, and
> suddenly I'd have marked something, moved the cursor or worse.
>
> I'm hoping that IBM will see the light and get rid of the things.

You can disable the touchpad in the BIOS (or by configuring gpm).
Then touching it doesn't do anything.
--
"Term, holidays, term, holidays, till we leave school,
 and then work, work, work till we die."