[ltp] USB

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:49:11 -0400

Thanks for your commiseration.  I don't think it's a defective port replicator
for two reasons(, but I will try re-seating).  First, it works fine under
W2KSP4.  Second, I have a(n second) external USB2 hub.  It too works
correctly under W2K no matter whether its plugged in to the box or the
replicator.  However under Linux it is just as flaky as the ports on the
replicator.  I wonder whether the problem is in the 2.4 kernel implementation
of USB, since it doesn't support hot swapping the way it does under W.  I
gather that 2.6 is supposed to address some of these issues.