[ltp] T23 and Suse Live Eval disk?

Syd Hancock linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:37:21 +0000

On Sunday 26 Oct 2003 9:13 pm, jens wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 26. Oktober 2003 21:53 schrieb Syd Hancock:
> > Do you know what is the
> > best/newest/recommended bios version to use on a T23? Should I
> > just go for what ever is the most recent one?
>
> I downloaded the latest version from
> http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4JSQHB.html?qse.t20

Many thanks for the advice and link.  I have now updated the bios
and the Suse Eval loads correctly.

I notice that there is an updated version of the 'Embedded
Controler'. Since I don't know what this does I am not sure whether
to apply theupdate, on the basis that there is presumably some good
reason why an update was issued, or not.

Can anyone offer any advice or further info?

Regards
Syd
Norwich UK