[ltp] Re: R40 with external TFT display...

Thomas Besser linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:35:10 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 5. November 2003 16:32 schrieb Thomas Besser:
> Am Mittwoch, 22. Oktober 2003 21:26 schrieb Michael Chase-Salerno:
> > Try cycling through the display configs (Fn F7). If I recall, it will
> > only display at the higher resolution if the external display is the
> > only one enabled. That is, X runs at the highest resolution that ALL
> > active displays can support.
>
> Which version of X do you use?
>
> I have a nearly reasonable solution. No graphical login manager, before
> 'startx' with Fn F7 enable only the external TFT. Then solution is correct.
> But the internal display remains not disabled (=black). It becomes gray
> with colored vertical stripes.
>
> Ok normally that does not matter, I close the notebook and work with
> external mouse and keyboard. I thought the internal display then is getting
> completely deactivated (=black)!? But it is not totally black, you could
> lightly see the stripes still a little bit. After a few hours I reenable
> the internal display and can see this stripes for a quite time on the
> screen. After perhaps 20 Minutes they disappear. But I'm worrying that this
> is the first stage of a 'burnin effect'!?

The problem is solved. I upgraded my debian box from woody with X4.2.1 to
unstable plus the experimental X4.3 deb packages. Now the internal display
does not switch to the described phenomen above.

Thomas