[ltp] new gnome frontend for tpctl (AND FC1 ON T40P)

Satish Balay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 14:25:44 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Neil Weisenfeld wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 14:11, honey@gneek.com wrote:
>
> > Doesn't for me on a T40!  Everything works fine (suspend-to-RAM, no
> > problem with blanking etc.) except for suspend-to-disk, where I get
> > the familiar corrupted X screen and hang - can't even switch back to
> > a console.
> >
> > I assumed this was the DRI problem: you definitely have 3D enabled on
> > the T40p and suspend-to-disk resumes ok on a normal Fedora install?
> >

> Well, not the cleanest update from RH9->Fedora in the world, however I'm
> definitely running the stock kernel and I think a full Fedora system
> now.  I get the corrupted X screen, but it refreshes after about 5
> secs.  Unforunately, I need to try the ATI drivers, too, and I can
> report on that later.  They weren't particularly well behaved under RH9
> w.r.t. suspend.  But I need them, unfortunately, for work, and the
> situation where the stock XFree86 drivers don't work well is a bit
> complicated to feed back to the developers.

Not sure - what you would need the ati drivers for - but the XFree86
that comes with fedora works nicely on my T40.

For some useful info regarding the status of XFree86 in fedora check
the following links:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2003-October/msg02525.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2003-October/msg02794.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2003-October/msg02790.html