[ltp] new gnome frontend for tpctl (AND FC1 ON T40P)

Neil Weisenfeld linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:52:46 -0500

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 15:25, Satish Balay wrote:

> Not sure - what you would need the ati drivers for - but the XFree86
> that comes with fedora works nicely on my T40.

The free drivers work for a lot of OpenGL things.  Tuxracer works great
and glxgears shows 1800fps on my T40p.  I'm using the stock driver right
now, but the medical imaging package that I use incorrectly renders some
scenes and is painfully slow for some other things that I do
frequently.  It works correctly using the binary ATI drivers under
Linux, Windows, Mac OS/X, and Solaris.

I'd love to feed a sample program back to the driver authors so that the
open-source version could be fixed, however right now the problems are
tickled by a combination of software that is quite large and not
necessarily simple to build.  Not really ideal.

Regards,
Neil