[ltp] Fedora on Thinkpads

Richard Griffith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:48:40 -0500

George wrote:

>My real question, wouldn't it be a good idea to wait a month or two
If everyone did that, there wouldn't be much point in waiting ;)

Seriously, the choice would involve how much risk you can take, and what 
risks you are trying to manage. For example, I have a Red Hat 8 box that 
has significant exposure on the net. As of December, the 'official' 
security errata will stop, and it appears that 'fedora legacy' will not 
be picking that up. I have to explore the options now, not in a month or 
two. I would suspect that everyone has different concerns, hence a 
different answer to your question.