[ltp] terminal bip

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:50:55 +0100

Hi,

> Add this to /etc/inputrc
>     # Show all if ambiguous.
>     set show-all-if-ambiguous on

You can also change your tab behavior by entering in the same file:

tab: menu-complete

Then you can cycle through possible matches by pressing tab.

> The information about inputrc is somewhere inside 'info bash'.

Or 'man bash' and look for the READLINE chapter. There's a list of all
possibilities. Bash is like science fiction. ;-)

BTW: Does anybody have a clou how to define a sequence of commands
(macro) in inputrc and call it on pressing a certain key? I mean I know
how to call single commands on keypress, but I can't figure out the
syntax for macro definition.

> While I'm on the subject, installing 'bash-completion' is really
> worthwhile - it makes the completion more intelligent.

Was always wondering about that...can it do "process matching" for the
kill command? Or maybe a mixture of possible-completions and
menu-complete?

Andre.