[ltp] My Wireless Experiences with a T41

Sean Dague linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:08:16 -0500

--u5E4XgoOPWr4PD9E

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:51:17PM +0000, honey@gneek.com wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Sean Dague wrote:
>=20
> > For what it is worth, I happily run bellet's airo_mpi driver on a T40,
> > firmware 5.00.03, Linux Mandrake 2.4.22-21mdk kernel.  The older versio=
ns of
> > the driver (i.e. August & Sept releases) used to give up the ghost after
> > some period of time, or under heavy traffic, but everything has been gr=
eat
> > after the October releases.
> >=20
> > On certain waps I needed to use the acu utility to bring up the connect=
ion,
> > but at home, at 128bit WEP, I can just use the linux wireless tools dir=
ectly.
> >=20
> > 	-Sean
>=20
> Sean, can I ask if this is in Ad-Hoc mode or Managed? =20

I'm running in managed mode.  I got a DLINK WAP/Router for $30 at Best Buy
when they were offering $50 worth of rebates on the DLINK-614 a couple
months back.  No idea about Ad-Hoc.

	-Sean

--=20

--u5E4XgoOPWr4PD9E