[ltp] T40 - Consensus on the blank screen coma (LCD sleep) issue?

Anders Odberg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 08:29:31 +0200

[Mark G Spencer]

|   I see people discussing sleep/suspend, but I'm not hoping to even get that
|   far.  ;) Unless what is being referred to is sleep/suspend of the LCD, and
|   not the entire system.
|
|   I just want to be able to "wake" my screen up when the LCD goes into sleep.
|   It goes into a LCD coma whether I'm on battery or AC, it just takes longer
|   on AC.  Everything else (pcmcia, hd, etc.) appear to continue running.

I had the same problem on my T40, I solved it by installing the
thinkpad-module and tpctl-package from http://tpctl.sourceforge.net/, and
then put :

   /usr/bin/tpctl -pm-timer-mode-blank-display=disable

in a rc-script.

|   I don't want to turn the LCD sleep off in my BIOS because my battery
|   will be killed in Windows during the work day when I'm not on AC.

Actually, disabling LCD-sleep in the BIOS did not solve this problem for me.

Regards,
	-Anders.
--
  Anders Odberg, <anders.odberg@usit.uio.no>