[ltp] 600E, clock does not go up...

Marco Gaiarin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:24:04 +0200

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux sarge/testing on a 600E, and i've notices
that normally /proc/cpuinfo have:

sara:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 6
model name      : Mobile Pentium II
stepping        : 10
cpu MHz         : 363.964
[...]
bogomips        : 725.81

I'm running apmiser, kernel 2.4.22, tp utility:

ii  thinkpad-base  4.7-1          Configuration files for thinkpad-modules pac
ii  thinkpad-modul 4.7-1+sara.1   Device driver modules for configuring ThinkP
ii  tpctl          4.7-1          IBM ThinkPad hardware configuration tools

If i put the system on standby or hybernation, then they come back with
a 90MHz clock (and could be) but there's no way to restore the full
processor speed, apmiser run, but also runing directly tpctl to make
expendition mode to high make no effect.

Computer feel slow, i think is not a /proc/cpuinfo not updated by
kernel...

Somone can explain me how happens?! Thanks.

--
  In mondo non rinuncera` a essere violento fino a quando non accettera`
  di studiare il proprio bisogno di violenza.	(Yolande Mukagasana)