[ltp] quieter harddrive for the thinkpad 240?

Sven Dowideit linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:17:36 +1000

hey there,
just to make sure, have you used hdparm (or powertweak soon) to set the
hard-drive's acoustic management paramter?

i mean hdparm -M 128 /dev/hda

on my T21 i found that to make a huge difference

cheers

sven