[ltp] quieter harddrive for the thinkpad 240?

Sven Dowideit linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:51:42 +1000

bummer, it means that the hard-drive that you have doesn't support it
(err kind of)

my dvd drive also replies in this way, but i know that when i had it as
a windows box that there was an acoustic setting - i might just have to
look into that too..

can you send me the log from hdparm -Ii /dev/hda
(though i probably can't do anything, i am now curious  :)

sven