[ltp] Total lockup on a T40

Oopsy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
20 Oct 2003 15:50:24 -0400

I saw some messages with this problem. I had an issue with my 560z. I
ram a ram test and it tests good. My problem was over heating. It was
when I was using it in my lap. Blocked the vent holes in the side.
Oopsy. Also, was using it on a sofa arm. Bottom got hot and started
getting unexected erroring.

The 2 main thing to remember with almost all notebooks:

A) Don't block the vent holes. Putting it on your lap is an easy way to
block them. Try crossing your legs the other way.

B) Make sure the bottom of them laptop can get air to it. Placing it on
a hardtable top works because of the bumps and ridges in the bottom of
the laptop keeps it up far enough.