[ltp] Removing the pre-desktop area

Tim Rademacher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:43:35 +0200

Hi,

I tried to get the CD as well. First I called the technical support line. I
told, that I deleted the hidden partition on my t40p. He was very kind, told
me, that it's not a problem and that a technician would give me a call later.

This technician told me, that it's _not_ possible to delete this hidden
partition on a t40p. Even after telling him that fdisk _can_ very well
destroy the partition, he didn't change his mind.

I'm very angry about this behaviour, in particular because I bought Software
(WinXP) which I can't use.

This is now 6 weeks ago. I was on holiday and had no time to call these people
again. However, the next notebook I buy, won't be an IBM...

Tim