[ltp] track-pad stopped working after configuring a mouse

Gonzalo Avaria linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:37:22 +0000

Hi Otisg
I have a TP600x but went thru the same problem when installed a usb optical
mouse. Here is a copy of my XFree config file:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse2"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "layout1"
    InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "Mouse2" "AlwaysCore"
    Screen "screen1"
EndSection

Where the "AlwaysCore" instruction is important because it keeps your
trackpoint (the thing in the keyboard) always working.
I hope this helps
Greet.
Gonzalo

--
Gonzalo Avaria S.
Linux User from the end of the World

Registered User #329224 (counter.li.org)
Box #213779