[ltp] Wireless network problem

Neil Weisenfeld linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:45:58 -0400

Where did you get the IP address that you manually set?  If you're sure
that it's valid, I'm guessing that your problem may be that there's no
default route set up.  If the windows machines show a default gateway
off, for instance, 10.0.0.1, try:

route add default gw 10.0.0.1

and see if that fixed things.  Then, of course, you need to set up DNS
servers...

If that all works, I'd focus, as someone else suggested, on trying
another DHCP client.

Regards,
Neil