[ltp] IR on T23?

Sun, 7 Sep 2003 04:27:16 -0400

Has anyone had any luck whatsoever getting the infrared to work on a
T23?

Supposedly, the IR-chipset is the nsc-ircc, but when I try to insmod
the driver, I get the following message:

nsc-ircc, Found chip at base=0x02e
nsc-ircc, Wrong chip version ff

I commented out the section that tests the chip version in the
sources, as suggested in various places, and the driver seems to load.

I've tried following the IrDA-howto to set things up and try to detect
the presence of my iPAQ, but I've had no luck even detecting it so
far.

I then proceeded to set the IR up to be "enabled" instead of "OS
controlled". The BIOS setup says ioport=0x2f8, irq=3, dma=3. I've
set it up with:

options nsc-ircc dongle_id=0x09 io=0x2f8 irq=3 dma=3

but now when I load it, I get:

nsc-ircc, Found chip at base=0x02e
nsc-ircc, driver loaded (Dag Brattli)
nsc_ircc_open(), can't get iobase of 0x2f8

My guess is either I've screwed that part up, or my IrDA chip really
isn't supported correctly by the driver. Anyone have any ideas?

/Björn