[ltp] ISDN card

Syd Hancock linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:11:04 +0100

I've bought an ISDN pcmcia card  to use with a Thinkpad T23 running
mandrake 9.1. It is made by IBM and has the name "International
ISDN PC card" printed on it. P/N is 09N3606

I (perhaps naively) assumed that it would be recognised as a serial
port just like my  analogue modem card (Psion Gold) but it isn't.

If I'm logged in to a console as root when I insert it then I get a
message to the effect that it is an unsupported card, product info
"ISDN", "CARD" followed by function: 6 (network)

I've spent some time with google but am still not sure whether it is
possible to use it with linux or how to configure.

Any and all help, advice or explanations suitable for a puzzled
novice will be very welcome.

TIA
Syd Hancock
Norwich UK