[ltp] T30, Kernel 2.6, Ps/2 and USB mouse.

Emanuel Lauria linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 05:08:31 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone. This is my first post to this list. I have a Thinkpad T30,
and I love it. It is really great to see people with same hardware and
running it in linux. It just makes me feel relaxed :P

I recently update to the 2.6 version of the linux kernel. It is a really
cool kernel release. The only "but" here is that my PS/2 Touchpad gets
disabled if I boot linux with a USB mouse attached. I checked my BIOS
config and I saw it just has two options in the Keyboard/Mouse section:
disabled or automatic. Disable means that never gets activated, obviously.
Automatic, means that if it finds a USB mouse, it disable the PS2 mouse...
The thing here is that there is no "Enable" option, so I can't get both
mices if I boot with a USB mouse connected. What can I do?.. I hate
unpluging my USB mouse every time I boot and then have to reconnect it.

Some info:

I currently don't use hotplug...why? I don't know. I just haven't tried it
yet.
Im running gentoo linux 2004 with 2.6.3-r1 kernel.
My thinkpad: T30 2366-ES1
Me: Emanuel Lauria
My language: spanish, (sorry for the typos.)

:)