[ltp] R40 display brightness on battery power?

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:37:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Benjamin Weste Pearre wrote:

> Just a quickie here -- on line power the display on my R40 is much
> brighter than on battery.  Obviously this is best for power, but I'd
> prefer to manage this myself using Fn-[Home|End].  I've looked through
> the BIOS settings (mostly using tpctl) and the ones that look like
> they might possibly disable LCD dimming don't have any effect.
> Apparently my skill (patience?) with google and The Archives is
> insufficient.  Do y'all know how to change this?  (the dimming, that
> is, although offers to make my skill sufficient at just about anything
> are also welcome ;)

Well, same for my X30 - although at least my skills are sufficient to dim
and brighten the LCD both when on AC and on battery power :-) But what you
probably mean: On battery, the maximum brightness is quite a bit lower than
on AC. I guess this is by design.

HTH, Heiko