[ltp] Re: thinkpad-modules revisited

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:53:06 +0100 (BST)

Justin Georgeson wrote:
> The problem is I'm using the kernel-image-2.6.4-1.686 packaged
> kernel. So the thinkpad-modules package I installed puts modules
> in /lib/modules/2.6.4 and when I try to load a module modprobe
> can't find it. How do I set up the /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.4
> tree to build modules that will load in my packaged kernel?

Is this problem related to #237692?

Note that thinkpad-source doesn't support Linux 2.6.4 yet because
of #243281.

> What would it take to get thinkpad-modules packages in the
> official repos for the kernel-image packaged kernels?

It would take someone building and uploading such a package
every time there is a new kernel release.  Any volunteers?

--
Thomas Hood

=====
Linux on ThinkPad 600 page: http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm