[ltp] Modem delaying data from one minute to the other

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:16:59 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everyone,

I've got a X31 running linux quite successfully so far - had everything
working I needed. It has got an Intel 82801CA/CAM AC'97 modem, which was
working allright with the slmdm-2.7.10 drivers. But now, without any
changes, a ping from my laptop to the remote end of the PPP connection takes
between 8 seconds and forever... just a simple ping, nothing else running on
the link.

I am currently using my brother's Elsa Microlink 56k USB, which works
perfectly.

Anyone any ideas? Recommendations about the driver's version? Where to get
the most stable one?

Regards, Heiko

--
 * WARNING! The USB documentation is downright evil. Most of it
 * is just crap, written by a committee. You're better off ignoring