[ltp] Radeon Mobility M7 + XF86 4.3.0 = dead slow?

Mark Carroll linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:00:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Mika Fischer wrote:

> I have an R40 2722-CDG with the Radeon Mobility 7500 (M7) in it and was
> quite happy with it until I saw the laptop of a friend of mine.

Mmm. I have the same card, with XFree 4.2.1 and the radeon driver. It's
dreadfully slow. I keep meaning to see what XF86Config experts suggest for
good acceleration.

(snip)
> Is there a way to get more objective data on the graphic card's performance?

glxgears is a popular test - it comes with xbase-clients in Debian.
Exactly what it's testing isn't clear to me, given that it uses GLX.

-- Mark