[ltp] Radeon Mobility M7 + XF86 4.3.0 = dead slow?

Eric C. Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:32:21 -0400

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 01:00:07PM -0400, Mark Carroll wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Mika Fischer wrote:
> > Is there a way to get more objective data on the graphic card's
> > performance?
>
> glxgears is a popular test - it comes with xbase-clients in Debian.
> Exactly what it's testing isn't clear to me, given that it uses GLX.

You can also use x11perf, from the same package, to do
micro-benchmarks.  Running the whole suite on both the OP's laptop and
his friend's might provide some clues about the gap in performance.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u