[ltp] Some issues on R50p

Niel Lambrechts linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 02:09:44 +0200

[mailto:linux-thinkpad->admin@linux-thinkpad.org] On Behalf Of Andre
Timmermann
>Sent: 22 April 2004 11:38 PM
>To: ltp Linux Thinkpad
>Subject: [ltp] Some issues on R50p
>
>Hi,
>
>Im running debian_sid on my new R50p (1832-27G), and I have some
>unsolved problems. Im using 2.6.6-rc2 from kernel.org

I have a IBM R50P, SuSE 9.0 and 2.6.5/2.6.6-rc-mm-latest.

1. Others seem to have answered this for you.
2. I have fixed my dsdt table, this seems to have fixed /proc/acpi/event
for me (amongst others). Will try to upload...
3. In 2.6.5 - I'm able to suspend to RAM with both ACPI/APM. ACPI
actually has a more serious issue since USB functionality is broken upon
resume. Len Brown has mentioned something about this actually being a
deep-rooted PCI issue, where states aren't saved when suspending. Also
forget about using DRI when trying to APM/ACPI resume - it's broken -
even in the latest CVS.
Suspending on the console also results in a functional, but blank screen
for me (only in ACPI). I would also not try ACPI with the new v3 BIOS, I
had suspend/resume problems. (I stick to 2.11)
4. Bluetooth...maybe one day when I get USB going... ;)
5. Like you, I am keen on this.
6. I read somewhere about someone who got this going...I'm sure it was
on this mailing list...

Great notebook, but my dvd-writer doesn't recognise media on first
attempt (sometimes)... I'm taking it in for repairs soon...

Regards,
Niel