[ltp] ACPI sleep works first time

John Locke linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:31:06 -0700

Christopher Hubbell wrote:

> Just wanted to follow up and confirm that on my T23 I was able to
> eliminate the problem of ACPI sleep (S3) working only the first time.
> As suggested by another list subscriber I downloaded the latest kernel
> source from kernel.org (2.6.8) and the latest ACPI patch from
> acpi.org.  Compiled a new kernel, rebooted, and bingo!  The default
> FC2 2.6.8 kernel definitely didn't work on its own.  Sleep works like
> a charm now no matter how many times I do it.  I did a few limited
> tests using ibm-acpi and as expected it easily brought to life all of
> my F-keys, and worked in perfect harmony with tpb which handles the
> colume controls and "thinkpad" button.
>
> Now to dig through the archives and find that fix for alsa going batty
> after suspend...  Everything else seems to be great.  Thanks for the
> pointers!

Hi,

I ran across a site somewhere where somebody had added:

alsactl power off

before standby/suspend, and

alsactl power on

after.

Doing this made Alsa behave for me... but I'm still having trouble with
the USB modules not unloading--right now I can suspend once, but
usb-ehci doesn't unload, throws errors on resume, and USB is dead after
resuming. And then I can't unload it at all--it hangs any shell I try to
do it in, and even blocks a shutdown. I can't unload it before
suspending, either...

Cheers,
--
John Locke
"Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems"