[ltp] CPUFreq (was: Cooling fan always running)

Didrik Pinte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:39:52 +0200

Le ven 27/08/2004 =E0 13:13, T. Ivarsson a =E9crit :
>=20
> I've been trying to ger CPUFreq and powernowd to work...
>=20
> + powernowd requires the file:
>     /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
>   (I have the sysfs establihed in /etc/fstab)
> + To have that file I need CPUFreq enabled in the kernel
> + Even though I have CPUFreq enabled (and the related settings), I do not=
 have the ./cpufreq directory when I use APM. When I use ACPI I have the di=
rectory.
>=20
> The Debian page about the powernowd says that it "does not depend on APM =
or ACPI". My question is: can I not use CPUFreq (and some deamon e.g. power=
nowd) when I'm running APM, or must I use ACPI?

I'm running powernowd with apm. You just need to have all the cpufreq
modules loaded (especially cpufreq_userspace (i'm not sure that it's the
correct name. It's hard compiled in my kernel (options
CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE)).

Didrik