[ltp] External mouse problems

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:36:21 +0100

Thank you Joachim.

Further experimenting showed that in my case it is enough that before a
suspend I do a rmmod of the usbhid module.

Upon rebooting I eihter replug the mouse in or manually give the
modprobe usbhid command and the mous is back in good shape.

In my case if the TP40 starts without the external USB mouse, upon
insertion it is recognized.

Experiment has shown that after a boot without the second mouse I have
the following modules:

ehci_hcd
uhci_hcd
usbcore

which IMO are to support the keyboard's trackpoint (i don't use nor want
the touchpad).

Now all is pretty ok and it would be perfect if I managed to:

a) make the rmmod happen automatically when the suspend function is
invoked (Fn+F4 or lid closing)

b) get the scrollpoint of the external mouse to scroll windows under
XFree86 (on the latter I have discovered that the relevant line is the
SendCoreEvents)

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
         Option          "Buttons"               "5"
EndSection

Thank you to all friends of this marvellous list !

Bob