[ltp] Slackware on T42?

Josh Battles linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:27:43 -0600

joshua timberman wrote:

  > I don't know if the "hidden" area that IBM has set aside for
> rebuilding/reinstalling and such is preserved.  All the "Access IBM"
> features will still work in Windows, however.

I'd assume that it would still be there if you don't delete any of the
existing partitions on the drive.  By the looks of it, they set it up so
that there's a 5GB partition that holds all the syetem restore stuff.
It's good to know that all the access IBM stuff in Windows will still
wodk though.  Is there a way to enable the security device under linux
as well?  I've read that there are drivers out there for it, but have
not had any luck finding them as yet.

> Whether you use LILO or GRUB for your boot loader, either will
> automagically boot to the Windows boot loader if you choose to boot
> into Windows.  Otherwise, they'll boot your favorite Linux kernel
> image.

Well, I'd like to not have to use LILO or GRUB for this install.  I know
that there's a way to configure the windows boot loader menu to load
linux.  That's what I'm looking for here.  I've been using linux for
about 2 years now and I can say that I know a pretty fair amount about
it, but I'm nowhere near an expert.

- Josh