[ltp] Function Keys on a Thinkpad T41P

Daniel Jimenez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 22:04:36 -0600

> Hm.  Have you tried the tpb utility?  That reads the NVRAM on a Thinkpad
> and takes various user-definable actions based on what it finds.  I
> made it so that pressing the otherwise-useless "thinkpad" button on my
> A22p launches an xterm with ntpctl running in it.
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/tpb/ , requires the XOSD libraries
> though, just do "emerge tpb" or "apt-get install tpb" if you're running
> a distro that has sane dependency tracking.  It just might solve this
> problem--or it might not.  I don't know for sure.

Hi Matt, thanks for your response.

I looked at tbp. It seems like it's use is for remapping "back"
"forward" "home" buttons etc. Not working with function keys. I imagine
that the functionality I'm looking for is one that is supported with a
windows driver.

I could always reprogram it to modprobe -r my wlan driver :)

Thanks!

--
Daniel Jimenez <djimenez[at]pobox[dot]com>
Tell your ISP to support SPF/SASL AUTH (http://spf.pobox.com) today!