[ltp] the lm-sensors issue

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:14:11 +0100

> brown-trousers time. i've only had my baby for 10 days and already fried
> it... but the post that came from was a couple of years old so maybe new
> thinkpads are OK, in any case after checking the docs for lm_sensors it
> transpires that the latest versions exit before doing anything if they
> detect IBM hardware. so everything was fine... i uninstalled it just to
> make sure :)

If i understood the threads i was reading about this right, the
lm-sensors team is currently working on a more distinctive detection of
thinkpads. I'm not sure, however, if this could mean that they are going
to enable it again for newer models (i doubt them to know anything more
than anyone else about this).

If someone with more insight into the hardware could tell which
thinkpads feature the affected Atmel 24RF08 chip and which don't, it
would be very helpful to make a more precise list of affected models.

So far i only found out that the T20 is also supposed to be affected.

Andre.