[ltp] Q: Sound recording, A21m and Caldera 2.4

Tilmann Singer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:15:44 +0100

* Robert Hueckstedt <rah2k@operamail.com> [20040119 23:45]:
> Neither in krecorder in KDE nor in the analogous program under Gnome
> am I able to record sound from a microphone. (This TP comes with a
> built-in microphone, but I am using one that I plug into the mike
> jack. And yes, that mike works on another machine. So, the mike
> itself is not the problem.)

A silly suggestion: did you make sure the microphone-in jack is turned
on in a mixer program (the only one I know is aumix on the console,
but there are others for gnome and kde)? On my A20p the mike is
silenced to level 0 usually after a reboot.