[ltp] R40 with IBM a/b/g WLAN adapter (Atheros chipset) and Fedora Core 2

Florian Holeczek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:16:28 +0200 (MEST)

Hello everybody,

I've spent the whole sunday with trying to get to work my Fedora Core 2
installation together with my IBM a/b/g wlan adapter (Atheros chipset). I
tried to install MADwifi and wpa_supplicant, but it wouldn't work.

It always says that there is no ath_pci (ath0) Hardware when booting,
although I'm sure it is ;-) and even once kudzu detected and installed it.

Is there anybody on the list who already succeeded in doing this job?

I'm not into doing kernel things, maybe the following has to do with the
problem: When checking dmesg it says that the symbol ieee80211_XYZ (about 10
different entries) could not be found.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Greets,
 Florian.