[ltp] Thinkpad discounts

Dax Kelson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:47:21 -0600

I've many requests offlist for pricing on the T42p I ordered, so I'll
post the info here.

It seems that you only pay list price from the IBM website if you have
money to burn.

Most of the world can probably take advantage of one of the many
discount programs available.

For example, if you have a Visa card, you can get 5-15% off via this
link:

http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=821258&langId=-1&catalogId=-840

If you change the last two digits of the "storeId" in the URL, you'll
discover that the following discount programs are also available.

21 - Mastercard
22 - Verizon
23 - Visa
24 - Gifts in Kind
25 - Bank One/First USA
26 - American Bankers Association
27 - CHASE
28 - Constant Contact
57 - Advanta
58 - Discover

The websites don't list all the available models unfortunately, so
consult the TABook PDF here:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pcinstitute/psref/tabook.pdf

And then call to see what your discount is on your model of choice.

I got a 15% discount off the list price.

Hope this is helpful,

Dax Kelson