[ltp] hardware repair: keyboard + keyboard bezel

Patrick Drechsler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:57:46 +0200

Hi,

I know that this is slightly OT here but reading this ML has
solved many problems so far concerning my R40 and Linux.

Last week the `click' function of my R40 touchpad gave up on
me. This included double-clicking the touchpad itself and the
left button above and below the touchpad. And Murphy was very
accurate about this happening a few weeks after loosing
warranty... After talking to an IBM technician on the phone I
decided to purchase a new keyboard and keyboard-bezel. Can
anybody give me a hint on how to exchange the keyboard bezel
(which is the upper case-shell surrounding the keyboard)? I'm
having difficulties finding a way to detach the keyboard-bezel
around the display...

Appropriate links are also appreciated.

TIA,

Patrick
--
Computers are good at following instructions,
but not at reading your mind.        -- Donald Knuth