[ltp] New Sound Tutorial for ALSA, Fedora Core 1, and 600E

Satish Balay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 00:46:44 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Darren Hoch wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I finally got sound working on my Thinkpad 600E with Fedora Core 1
> without patching any kernels or compiling source code. I wrote up a
> tutorial about the experience, giving detailed steps for
> newbie/intermediate Linux users. Please feel free to send me comments or
> fixes. I understand about 90% of what I had to do to figure it out.
>
> http://www.ufsdump.org

I must say I've used the default OSS drivers - with the same config
since Redhat7 timeframe (including FC1) on my 600E.

http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2003-September/012792.html

Currently I'm using FC2Beta on this machine - so its with ALSA now..
your writeup will be usefull in this case..

Thanks,
Satish