[ltp] [OT] Using Adobe Reader 5.0.8 under RH9

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:29:33 -0700

Listers:

Forgive the OT post, but I trying to get the Adobe Reader for Linux
version 5.0.8 to work under Red Hat 9 (I'm assuming that I will have the
same problem under Fedora Core 1.)

When I start the acroread program under /opt/local/Acrobat5/bin, I get
the following error:
Warning: charset "UTF-8" not supported, using "ISO8859-1".
The "Aborted".

I do not want to use xpdf nor ggv to read them when using either Mozilla
nor Netscape as they do not save to the .pdf format but rather .ps.

Anyone have an idea how I can get around this or can provide a pointer
to the 'solution'?

Please reply off list.  I will post the 'best' workable solution to the
list.

James McKenzie