[ltp] T40 (2372-92G) and 2.6 kernels - pain will not go away

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:51:18 +0200

I thought I was a seasoned Linux/Thinkpad tamer (gone through 600X, 770,
T21, T23, T30 and T40) but this time THEY are winning 8-)

Does anyone have a .config to share in order to get a decently working
machine ?

At the point I am now the most annoying part is that the machine will
not power off completely (later on I will want CPU freq scaling, suspend
to disk etc.).

With the 2.6.4 kernel I get to the "INIT: no more processes left in this
runlevel" message but then have to press the power switch for a few
seconds !!!

After some reading I have compiled APM but not ACPI ...

Thank you for any help. Bob Alexander

PS Using a Debian system derived from Knoppix 3.3 in which I have both
the 2.4 and the 2.6 kernels

PPS Have deleted the /lib/modules/modules.conf file ... how do I get it
back ?