[ltp] ibm-acpi how to

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 10:53:53 -0800

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:22:52 +0100, Andr=E9 Wyrwa <a.wyrwa@gmx.de> wrote:
>=20
> Remember: ibm-acpi doesn't do very much more than triggering events that
> can be dealt with by acpid (and powersaved?). acpid just gets the event

Hmm.. I thought ibm-acpi is a replacement for acpid/cpufreqd or a
combination of them.. Obviously I thought wrong.  So, my questions is
what events ibm-acpi reports ? Currently, I get the following events
(which work fine)

1. AC plugged in/ plugged out (I see cpu frequency change as this
happens - even though the fan is ON far too often that what I would
like)
2. Lid closed / opened (ACPI S3 suspend/resume works)
3. Fn+F4 ( ACPI S3 suspend works with this)
4. Fn + F5 (bluetooth light comes up and goes away as I press this)
5. Fn + LCD Brightness  controls
6. Fn + ThinkLight turns the light on and off
7. Fn + Spacebar enables/disables LCD Zoom

The events that I do not get and which I would like to get are

1. Fn+F7 (really miss this - this may be a X.org issue)
2. Dock/Undock
3. Fn+F3
4. Fn+F12

So, I am curious if ibm-acpi will report these events.=20

Also, I would like to understand as to what exisitng components
ibm-acpi will replace???

> I don't know powersaved and how to configure it to act on the events

powersaved is just SuSE's version of acpid/cpufreqd but it is improved
a little bit on both of them.

thanks,
Osho