[ltp] Thinkpad buttons under 2.6.9?

Lukasz Wiechec linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 03:14:07 +0100

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 04:43:38PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Lukasz Wiechec <lwiechec2@o2.pl> was heard to say:
> | On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 06:22:26PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> |> Clues to get CD/DVD recording working under 2.6.9 on my T42p, most
> |> appreciated.
> |
> | Hmmm, this is strange indeed. How does your `/etc/default/cdrecord' fil=
e look
> | like? I have CDR_DEVICE=3D/dev/cdrom  _and_  `ide_cd' kernel module nee=
ds to be
> | loaded.=20
>=20
> Ok. I went off to try again so I could send along the exact error
> message and, naturally, it worked just fine. Dunno what I did wrong
> last time.

Good to know that things sometimes fix by themselves! :-)

>=20
> The multirecorder bay expects DVD-R media (as opposed to +R), is that
> right? Any success (or failure) stories with burning DVDs?

No, not yet. I may give it a go in couple of days, I'll let you know.

BTW: did you manage to get DVD-RAM to work on Linux? I _know_ that the driv=
e can
do it (tested it under Windows on the same model); however, when I tried to=
 run
mplayer I got a message that there was no disk in drive (it could also be '=
no
/dev/dvd present'. (Normal DVD playback works)

--=20
L.

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--